|Meherabad Young Adult Sahavas|
|Meherabad Young Adult Sahavas – 2015 at Meherazad|
Beloved Avatar Meher Baba Ki Jai!
Dear Baba Lovers,
We invite young adult Baba lovers from around the world to the Meherabad Young Adult Sahavas - 2016. Come take part in this special opportunity to be together in His Divine Companionship at Meherabad.
What: In July - August, 100 young adults from all over the world gather at Meherabad to spend seven days together in the company of the Ancient One. The keynote of the "Sahavas" is the celebration of Meher Baba's love through sharing, creative expression (such as art, music and drama), and service at Meherabad. This Year the Theme of Sahavas is “The New Life.”
Who: Young Adult Baba Lovers from ages 18 years to 35 years.
When: : The Sahavas starts on Sunday, July 31st and continues through lunch on Saturday, August 6th. Registration for the Sahavas is scheduled for Sunday, July 31st from 2.00 pm to 4:00 pm.
Where: Sahavas participants will be staying in Hostel C. (All other family members or friends must make separate arrangements to stay at Hostel D or the MPR).
Cost: The total cost for six nights & seven days (lodging and food) for Sahavasees (participants) is Rs. 2200/- (Subject to change as per AMBPPCT).In addition, Sahavasees may be required to pay for Bus/Train tickets for an offsite trip during the Sahavas.
- • Service Projects for Meherabad and Meherazad.
- • Workshops, which may include drama, music, song writing, poetry, painting, drawing, dance, mosaic, pottery, rangoli, photography, etc. .
- • Discussion Groups.
- • Special Guests, talks by old-time Baba lovers.
- • Sports, such as volleyball, badminton, cricket, football/soccer, yoga, dance, table tennis/ping pong, seven tiles, etc.
- • Evening Programs, welcome and closing program, films of Meher Baba, music programs, performance night, etc.
- • Meherazad Visit, Sahavasees will have the opportunity to visit Babas home, Meherazad.
- • Offsite trip: Visit to a Baba place (Transportation cost to be paid by Sahavasee.)
Volunteer Training: Scheduled from 10:00 a.m. on Saturday July 30th until 6:00 pm and 10.00 am on Sunday July 31st until 12.30 pm. Volunteers are required to help in break-down and cleaning of Hostel C at the end of the Sahavas. Volunteers must be returning Sahavas participants (from earlier Sahavas programs) and must be present during the entire training period and stay for the entire sahavas period. Volunteers must be returning Sahavas participants (from earlier Sahavas programs) and must be present during the entire training period and stay for the entire sahavas period.
Service Project/Workshop-walla: can be an individual or a team of individuals (not more than 3) who are responsible for a workshop during the sahavas period. They can be within or over the age limit and should have substantial potential to carry out the workshop. They are required to write a proposal for their workshop at least 1 ½ months before the sahavas dates with all details and complete the workshop during the Sahavas period. In case they have crossed the age limit then they will arrange their own accommodation and meals. Their selection will be done by the MbYAS Organizing Team.
Counselors: are individuals assigned to maintain the discipline and decorum during the sahavas. They can exceed the age limit and should come without children. They should have attended at least 1-2 sahavas. They will be responsible to make sure all the participants and volunteers are abiding by the discipline guidelines laid down by the AMBPPC Trust. Their selection will be done by MBYAS Organizing team with the consent of the Trustees.
Priority will be given to First –time participant applicants followed by applicants who have already attended prior Sahavas programs consecutively.
- 1) Participants should attend the complete Sahavas program from Sunday afternoon, July 31st and continues through lunch on Saturday afternoon, August 6th.
- 2) Each Participant is expected to be responsible for cancelling their application in case they have a change of plan and cannot participate in Sahavas. They must inform the MBYAS Team immediately at: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org July14th 2016 with a valid reason for cancellation.
- 3) Applicants who do not inform the AMB Trust regarding cancellation, their applications will not be accepted for future Sahavas programs.
- 4) All Participants have to strictly follow and abide by the guidelines/rules laid down by AMB Trust for Pilgrims in Meherabad and the Sahavas guidelines/rules framed by Meherabad Young Adult Sahavas Team. Any deviation to the above guidelines/rules by Participants in their behaviour/conduct will lead to serious consequences. In case of discipline issues, participants will not be allowed to participate/continue in the Sahavas program and in future their applications will not be considered for Meherabad Sahavas programs.
- 5) Children are not allowed to attend the Sahavas. Even if the child is staying with a relative in a different facility in Meherabad they will not be allowed to attend any of the programmes, workshops, service project, outings etc.
- 6) No pets will be allowed during the Sahavas.
We look forward to seeing you at the Sahavas!
In His Love and Service,
Meherabad Young Adult Sahavas Team
Avatar Meher Baba PPC Trust
For further information, send letters or e-mail to:
|Meherabad Young Adult Sahavas|
|c/o Avatar Meher Baba P.P.C. Trust|
|King's Road, Post Bag 31|
|Ahmednagar, M.S. 414001|
|Email: email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org|
The Meherabad Young Adult Sahavas has been created in remembrance of the Sahavas programs that Meher Baba Himself inaugurated and took part in. In the opening address "My Dear Children" on the first day (2nd November) of the great East-West Gathering in 1962, Meher Baba welcomed His Sahavas guests and explained the significance of Sahavas:
"You have come from great distances, not for some convention or conference, but to enjoy My company and feel afresh My love in your hearts. It is a coming together of East and West in the house of their Father."